Time For Plant-Based Milk





Now that I know the truth about the dairy industry, I have been replacing my usual cow's milk with plant-based milk. I want my milk to be "cruelty-free" and I do not want to be part of an industry that separates babies from their mothers. I do not want to drink the anguish, torture and pain experienced by cows and other animals locked up in factory farms to produce milk. Separating newborn calves from their mothers in order to produce milk is a totally cruel and disgusting practice. Far from what we are made to believe, dairy milk is not what we think it is. 

I am happy to have known the truth and it is totally liberating to make the connection.  We are not "lactose intolerant", we are just not meant to drink the milk of cows and goats. Drinking cow's milk is dangerous to our health! It is about time that we look at other healthier alternatives to dairy milk such as soy and almond milk.


It is good to know that the consumption of plant-based milk is increasing. With more information about the dairy industry and the ill effects of cow's milk to our health, more and more people will gear away from dairy. In the near future, plant-based milk will be the norm and dairy will be relegated into a mere option.


When I visit Starbucks, I now opt for  "soy milk without whipped cream". I have removed dairy in my Frappuccino and I have never felt better than before. I no longer feel the guilt of funding an industry that steals the milk of baby cows and I feel a much lighter stomach. Whenever I ask the barista to replace the dairy with soy milk, there is some sort of a reaction and a few questions. But, I am willing to pay a higher price for organic soy milk rather than the usual dairy for the cows and for health reasons.  




Comments

Popular Posts