Why a Chicken Meal is Not Worth It



In a very very long time, I never had a day without chicken.  It is usually chicken for  lunch or dinner. Not only because it tastes good but it is also very convenient to buy. The Philippines is practically dotted with restaurants offering chicken as a meal.  There is even a restaurant that claims its house was built by “fried chickens”.  Another popular fast food chain says that there is “joy” in their chicken meal.

The Life of a Meat Chicken

I cannot believe I had been blind to the sufferings of these chickens for a very very long time.  Every time I order a “drumsticks” or “wings” or a whole “fried chicken”, all I had been thinking is my appetite. I just thought about myself and how hungry I am. With misleading advertisements and several celebrities endorsing these restaurants, it made me forget about what is actually in the bucket or in my plate.  I totally forgot that these chickens, just like us, want to live! They do not want to die!

I am happy to have made that “connection”! I have realized that chickens are not mere ingredients or objects. Just like us and all other animals that I used to eat, their lives matter to them too. At this time, I look at chickens in a different light. I now understand why it is actually great to “go vegan”. I now have an entirely logical reason not to visit those restaurants serving chicken or simply refuse a “chicken sandwich.”

After seeing their miserable lives, their disgusting treatment, torture and agony in the slaughterhouse – I can no longer eat a chicken meal! My insatiable appetite is not worth the lives of these innocent animals.  I do not want to be part of the cruelty inflicted on these chickens.

Comments

Popular Posts